Taofiki Gafar-Schaner on the Marsha Marsha Marsha Podcast
Welcome to the Black Nurses Week Conference™ podcast series where we chat with speakers of the first annual Black Nurses Week Conference.
Today, Marsha will be speaking with Taofiki Gafar-Schaner, MSN, RN.
Listen to the full episode:
Show notes and what you'll hear in this episode:
- Taofiki shares how his love for data, tech, and nursing inspired him to pursue this not-so-popular-quite-yet field in nursing.
- In this episode, Taofiki talks about how a common nursing problem led him to partner with a fellow nurse, after one conversation, and create a real solution.
- Learn more about SafeSeizure Pads here.
- Taofiki and his business partner, Joey Ferry are the 2020 Team ANA Innovation Awards Winner. Find the story here. And then take a look at the 2019 Team winners who edged them out the year before.
Meet Taofiki at the Black Nurses Week Conference in Washington, DC - July 2022.
- Want to be a guest on the podcast? Take 1 minute to apply here.
Bio - Taofiki Gafar-Schaner, MSN, RN.
Taofiki completed his Bachelor of Science in Nursing from California State University in Fresno in 2013. He continued his education to receive a Master of Science in Nursing from Western Governors University in 2021.
As a veteran registered nurse who has seen outdated technology and patient care practices, Taofiki stays ready to find new solutions with his inventive clinical perspective.
While working as a bedside nurse, Taofiki started rethinking how healthcare and technology could intersect. With such an inquisitive nature, he co-founded Frontier Innovations Inc. The launching of this partnership business venture was to create innovative products that patients would love and healthcare providers would find indispensable. The mission was and continues to be to foster change that will improve healthcare workflow and patient care.
The first product was SafeSeizure pads, which are the modern way to keeping patients with epilepsy safe in the hospital setting. The founders believe that innovation truly begins at the bedside.
Looking for your exit plan? Get on the waitlist by clicking the button below. You'll also stay connected with Marsha's news and updates when you join. And don't worry, your information will not be shared. We hate SPAM, and we'll never sell your information, for any reason.