Morgan Murray on the Marsha Marsha Marsha Podcast
Welcome to the Self-Care podcast series where we chat with nurses that share their tips and strategies for incorporating self-care strategies into your every day life.
Today, Marsha Battee will be speaking with Morgan Murray, or as you may know her as MorganSanDiego on Tik Tok and Instagram.
Show notes and what you'll hear in this episode:
- We discuss Morgan's nursing journey and how one experience in the ER eventually led her to pursuing a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- We go over Morgan's self-care strategies and one of her favorite ways to indulge.
- Mental health is always a hot topic. Morgan tells us how she handles always being present online and how she personally deals with the rare negativity that comes her way.
- A big one: Morgan shares the reason why, for her, engaging in therapy is actually not a form of self-care.
- Morgan joined us at Black Nurses Week, and shared 2 of her most memorable sessions.
- And you can purchase her e-books to learn more about nursing, travel nursing, and becoming a nurse practitioner here.
Here's where you'll find Morgan online.
Other people Morgan mentioned in the podcast.
- Speaker at Black Nurses Week Conference 2022: Tiffany Gibson
- Speaker at Black Nurses Week Conference 2022: Brian Adams
- Sarah Warren's (@ShesInScrubs) Instagram page.
- Cedoni Francis' TikTok page.
- Here's Lindsey's (@ScrubHacks) Instagram page.
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Take 1 minute to apply here.
Morgan is a board-certified psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner with a passion for teaching others about building a life that one rarely needs to get away from. Morgan has practiced at top facilities for mental health treatment including The Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital and Johns Hopkins Hospital. Her passion for mental health and co-occurring disorders is rooted in her personal experiences growing up in Baltimore, Maryland and her own battles with depression and ADHD.
Morgan has worked in nursing for over 9 years in a variety of specialties including Case Management, Psychiatry, Operating Room, and Hospital Administration. After making the transition in 2 years from $50 per hour to $300+ per hour, Morgan is passionate about getting other healthcare workers the pay they deserve and serving the nursing community.
Looking for your exit plan? Get on the waitlist by clicking the button below. You'll also stay connected with Marsha's news and updates when you join. And don't worry, your information will not be shared. We hate SPAM, and we'll never sell your information, for any reason.